How music can affect the brain!

This week, our teacher assigned us to find a scholarly article related to what our blog is about. To complete this task I have found an article the shows how music can affect the brain in school.

The first way that music can positively affect the brain is that when you train yourself musically then that training can help develop language and reasoning skill. Another way that music can positively affect the brain is by improving memorization. An example of this is when you memorize sheet music, your also improving your memorization skills and capability of memorizing every day objects. Music can also be relaxing, with calm and methodical songs the brain is soothed and forced to take a rest reducing stress of anxiety. There are many more ways that music can positively affect the brain, you can find these ways in the link below where I found all of my resources.

Here’s the Link.

2 thoughts on “How music can affect the brain!

1. Hi Dom!
    Great choice of articles to share! Do you have thoughts about students listening to music in class? Should students be allowed free choice or should the instructor choose a particular genre of music? Should music be regulated when at school?
    Just a few thoughts,
    Mrs. Richards

2. Hey Dom!
    I didn’t know a lot about this, thank you for telling me about it. Do you think that schools should allow their students listen to music in class? If so, how do you think it would affect them?
    -Jeffrey M.